The Pacific Northwest Ballet Orchestra ratified its contract for 2016 - 2021 on Sep 22, 2016. There were only 2 “no” votes in the final tally.
Highlights of the contract include:
- 3% wage increase in each of all 5 years
- Stepwise increase in the 401k contribution, with an employer match, rising to 12% in the 5th year
- Extra musicians qualify for full 401k benefit of contracted players after passing a threshold of 20 services performed each season
- 11% increase in seniority
- Increases in audition pay pegged to musician scale
The orchestra negotiating committee was composed of Karla Flygare, principal flute, Matt Kocmieroski, principal percussion and Tom Dziekonski, violin. Legal counsel was not present at the table. Work on the contract lasted about 13 months.